Firelight Publishing

illinois-lincoln-sites: The Metamora Courthouse in Metamora, Illinois is one of only two remaining original courthouses in their original locations that Abraham Lincoln practiced law. The courthouse in Metamora was part of the Eighth Judicial District Circuit that Abraham Lincoln traveled and worked as an attorney. The courthouse was built in 1845 and served as the Woodford County seat of government until 1858. The Metamora Courthouse State Historic Site is on the National Register of Historic Places.